Fire retardant braided PET monofilament tight weave sleeving
- Braided sleeving produced from specifically formulated flame retardant polyester PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate)
- Tough yet lightweight protective sleeving
- Tightly woven for additional coverage
- UL recognized as a VW-1 component for use up to 125°C
- CSA approved and rated for use up to 125°C
- Standard colors: Black with white crisscross tracer strands
- Demonstrates excellent chemical and fungus resistance
- Provides good mechanical properties with additional coverage
- Resistance to abrasion and cut-through make it ideal for many industrial and electrical applications.
- Excellent chemical resistance permits its use in harsh fluid environments
- Passes most tests for low flammability, limited flame travel and self-extinguishing requirements
- Open weave construction allows expansion above or below original diameter
- Easy to apply and slip on quickly over irregular shapes
- Good flexibility at low temperatures allowing easy flexing in any direction
- Can neatly capture a number of different sized items within one length
- Most commonly used over wires, wire bundles and harnesses, cable assemblies, flat ribbon cable, tubing and hoses where it provides a tough, durable protection
- Open weave construction allows for complete drainage, prevents condensation and provides for dissipation of heat and moisture
- Ideal for application in machine tools, automatic equipment and robotics where wires and tubes are often required to flex freely during operating cycles
- Suitable for exposure to all weather conditions.
|Standard Spool put-up|
The information provided above represents average values and is believed to be reliable. Alta Technologies, Inc. makes no warranties as to its accuracy and disclaims any liability in connection with its use. It is provided for general use only and should not be incorporated into any specific specifications.
|Tensile Strength||ASTM D-876||55,000 psi|
|Specific Gravity||ASTM D-876||1.31|
|Moisture Absorption (24 Hours)||ASTM D-570||0.08%|
|Shrinkage @ 180°C||4.2%|
|Max. Operating Temperature||UL 224||125° C|
|Melt Temperature||ASTM D-2117||240° C|
|Low Temperature Flexibility||MIL I 23053-E||-70° C|
|Flexural Modulus (10³ psi @ 73° F)||ASTM D-790||410|
|Fungus Resistance||MIL STD 810 (508)||No Growth|
|Copper Corrosivity||MIL I 23053||No Effect|
Testing verifies that there is virtually no effect on the tensile strength or elongation of FLEX-GUARD FPE/TW when exposed to the following fluids: Cleaning Fluid, De-icing Fluid, Fuel Oil, Gasoline, Hydraulic Fluid, Lubricating Oil, Salt Water and Solvents.